Monday, January 14, 2013

whats cooking in my kitchen

Because it's Monday. Because the sun finally came out. Because the snow is all but gone due to fog, rain and warmer temps. Because I want to make ya'll drool.

It's an Oreo Trifle.
I made it for our family get together with my husbands family. It were good too! I found the recipe on Pintrest, it looked good so I made it!

Here is the recipe if ya want to make it yerself!

Oreo Trifle
1 bag Oreos
Crush them up and set aside.

1 8oz pkg soft cream cheese
1 C powdered sugar
1/4 C butter
1/2 t vanilla
Beat all the together.

3 C milk
2 pkg vanilla pudding (the small box) or I think white choc, or cheese cake would be good too.
Mix and put in fridge.

12oz Cool whip (I used whipped cream and beat it lots, less sweet them Cool whip)

Now mix the cream cheese mixture, pudding, together. Fold in whipped cream.
Layer the crushed Oreos on the bottom and them slop on some of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat until the dish is full and it's all gone!
Keep in the fridge if there is any left.
I thought it was very rich, and would probably leave out the butter, and add more Oreos. But that is just me!
Have a great day all!



9 comments:

  1. Oh my. That's all I can say! :)

    How much whipped cream did you use to come up with 12 oz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just used a pint of it. I never paid attention to the amount until I typed it out!! haha. I didn't use all the whipped cream though.

      Delete
  2. OMGosh! That gave me a sugar rush just looking at it! I bet it was a huge hit with your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, I be lovin' me a good trifle and this looks fab-you-less!! Easy too! Thanks for another keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, drooling over here. I love oreos and this dessert sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete