Wednesday, January 4, 2017

not your mothers crock pot

I love my crock pot. It's so handy to have around. And not just for the usual meal. You know the kind you start in the morning and eat later that night. Like chicken, potatoes and carrots with a yummy seasoning on it. Like Italian dressing and Parmesan cheese! So yum! 
I had the unfortunate incident of my oven dying one afternoon. I was cooking supper. Figures. No worries though. We got it fixed a couple days later when the appliance man could come and fix it. My sister, who loves to cook as much as I do, told me about a couple recipes that were made in the crock pot. At the time I had lots of ripe bananas. I like to make up banana bread in 9x13 pans and freeze them. Well she sent me a recipe for banana bead in the crock pot. I figured I'd give it a try. I figured the worst that would happen that the crock pot would break. But thankfully it did not. Instead it made a wonderful loaf of banana bread!

Took about an hour and a half, and it's small, but I made some eggs and served that with breakfast, and it filled them up.
I also made some cinnamon rolls in the crock pot.


These took about an hour and a half too. The kiddos said they were the best cinnamon rolls ever!
Look em up on Pinterest and you'll find all kinds of fun things to cook in the crock pot! Just make sure your crock pot is the kind that doesn't need water or liquid in it first. I took a chance, but mine is new, so I figured it was safe!
Have a great day y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment