Monday, December 28, 2015

the moon on the day after Christmas

I didn't get any of the full moon on Christmas. The first one on Christmas day in 38 years, and I missed it! I've never even see one! I forgot all about it actually. I was kinda bummed. But then I saw the moon last night!

Last night while the moon was coming up my husband and I were off getting hay. As we were driving down the road it looked like there was a huge fire off in the distance. The moon was behind the clouds and just starting to peek over the hill and was still behind the trees, but the sky was lighted right up. Oh how I wished I had the camera! But I didn't. We got the hay we needed and went back home. Once we pulled in the driveway the moon was up and was looking huge. I had my son get the camera and I snapped a couple of pictures. I thought they came out kinda cool looking.

I zoomed it in a bit more and moved to get the shape of the trees in front of the moon. Kinda haunting looking against the black of the night.

I then zoomed the lens out and snapped another one. More black and less shadow of the trees.
I didn't photo shop these either. These are the original. 

Have a great day ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment