Monday, December 17, 2012

snow day confessions

I get a snow day, snow day!!! yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww!!!!
Oh wait never mind I home school. No snow days in this house hold. I joke with the kiddos and they look at me like what is a snow day? I tell them that public schools cancel school when it's snowing like this...oh!
It's snowing where I'm at in case you hadn't guessed.  Yup still gonna get some school in, not sure I'll get a full week in with Christmas coming and baking and chocolate making looming up ahead. Then we have a nice long break. We are all ready for it!
We got our tree up and decorated!! Then again half the colored lights died on me. Seems to be a never ending battle with me and colored lights. So I dug out some white ones, now the tree is half colored and half white lights.
Again got my daughters poncho made. I don't think I'll have to take it out, again. I can tie the fringe on it and wrap it up! Can't wait!!!!
Its calling for snow lots this week up in the North! I'm not sure my sister will be making the trek out to my place or not. I live on back roads that don't get plowed too often! Such fun!
I think I'll get out and snap a pic or two of the snow covered trees.
I just love to go out, and see the crisp white snow covered trees, few tire tracks on the road, and the listen to the quite stillness of the world around me. The snow falling is the only sound I hear, I can smell the wood stove smoke coming out of the chimney. It's peaceful. Quiet and tranquil. Breathing deeply the new smell of the earth of snow and cold. Knowing winter has arrived.

Have a wonderful day all!!

6 comments:

  1. We don't get much snow where we live. When we do, it's a special treat :) Enjoy your snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see the pictures, but you can keep the snow! ! XOXO Aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that snow day joke here too! We're supposed to get a blizzard later this week & everyone's getting excited for some "real" snow since we only had a few inches that already melted. I'm having trouble with my colored lights dying too. It is a pain, but so worth it to see those lights twinkling. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the snow, we just have rain and mud. :(
    I really enjoyed your last paragraph, I can picture it all in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE SNOW!! I am still waiting on some......ENJOY! Merry Christmas! Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Send us some snow, ok? We only have rain and mud. And mud and rain. Ugh.

    Sounds like things are really cooking there! I'm so glad. Enjoy your snow!

    ReplyDelete