Thursday, December 27, 2012

diy

So here is my do it yourself post. I thought I'd throw one in once in a while. I'm the kinda gal who likes to do as much on my own as I can. I'm also all about being as natural as I can be when it comes to food and cleaning. But I do love my make up ;)

So on this snowy, blistery, winter day I thought I'd share a recipe that will warm you right up! Who doesn't like a nice hot cup of cocoa!!?? I found a recipe for homemade hot cocoa! How cool is that?! It's super easy to make and even better I can pronounce all the ingredients and I know what they are!! And you will too when I'm done!
So here it is

 So there it is. Powdered sugar, the sweetener, dry instant milk, and the bag in the back is cocoa powder.

Here is the end product. 8 oz of warm milk with 3T of the cocoa mixture. My baby made this cup and said it was really good!
SO here is the recipe

Hot Cocoa Mix
1 box of instant dry milk 25.6 oz box
3-31/2 C powdered sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
2 C cocoa powder
Mix it all well with a whisk, store it in an air tight container for up to 6 months.
And like I said to make it 8 oz warm milk and 3T cocoa. Mmmmmmmmm it's so good, nice and chocolaty and just enough sweet. Three things, that's it!

And this in comparison to other hot cocoa mix ingredients sugar, corn syrup, modified whey, cocoa(processed with alkali) hydrogenated coconut oil, nonfat milk, calcium carbonate, and some other crap I don't feel like typing. I think you get the picture.
Which would you rather have? I know what we'll be having from now on!
Have a great day all.

3 comments:

  1. MMMMmmmm.... I LOVE hot cocoa! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling that that is one DIY project you will be repeating A LOT! There is nothing like a nice, hot cup of hot chocolate that helps you get through the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE DIY mixes! Thanks for the recipe!! I could use some right now, it's in the low 40's here, brrrr...

    ReplyDelete