Wednesday, December 5, 2012

oh my cows!!!!

OK, so here is another thing we got goin on here.
We put Maggie and Dandie in the same pasture...something we have wanted to do for a while, but haven't for many reasons. Well we finally did. It's kinda sorta almost winter and we had to make the pastures smaller, so we just stuck them in together. Well there was head butting, and mounting and pushing and shoving. Dandie gave her mom a run for the top cow...

 butting heads...
mounting...

oh my!
We were all out there watching to see what would happen. Dandie really wants to be the boss over mama. It took them a while to share a pile of hay, then Maggie would kick Dandie out and she would go eat somewhere else, then come eat out of moms pile. Then the dance would begin again. All day I was on high alert after my husband left for the day. I was in the window and out the door a lot. The kiddos were right there with me too. I was surprised we got a day of school in, but we did!


Dandie loving on mom, after being told what for!
Stay tuned for who's who in our cow barn... who are you rooting for?! Maggie or Dandie... let me know in a comment!
Have a great day all!

5 comments:

  1. They are so cute!
    Oh and by the way I think its so neat you homeschool. :)
    If I had a "do over" I would love to homeschool my kids. My oldest is a freshman and my youngest kindergarden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rooting for Maggie. Mom should always be in charge. Love that Dandie is loving on Mom. Stand your ground Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I'm rooting for Maggie! Those youngsters need to learn some respect!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love to hear the cow story! I hope they figure out a good working agreement ;)

    ReplyDelete