Wednesday, December 19, 2012

dark days challenge

So here it is. Another dark day food challenge. I'm going to try to find and put in the link if you want all the nitty gritty details of it. But in a nut shell here they are..
Only local foods within 150 miles of you. From your farm or others. With the exception of spices and coffee and baking necessities. Take a pic and post it on your blog or leave a comment on my blog of what you had!  It goes from now until April. Boost you own economy and buy local, shop local if you really want to make a difference with your money! It surely does talk!

So we had pork chops from a pig we raised, green beans from our garden, baked potatoes from a local farmer, and milk from our cow. But last night we ate and I forgot the pic. So you'll have to take my word for it. Everything was gone, nothing left, so it must have been good!!!
Have a great day all!

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I forget to take a picture! LOL!! I'm enjoying the Dark Days Challenge and seeing how everyone else is doing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All our meat that we eat is what we have raised on our farm or what my husband has brought home fishing or hunting. So I feel very blessed to have all local meat. But the "side" dishes have me stumped! I need to get out and find some local veggies! We can only eat so many carrots or canned green beans :) But am excited about coming up with some goodies! Time to step out of my "box"!

    ReplyDelete