Friday, December 28, 2012

snow clean up

We get cleaned up from one snow storm and now are getting ready for the smaller one we are getting this weekend. With this last one it's hard to tell how much we got. The wind was blowing around so much it's bare in some places, and over a foot deep in other places. Makes it a little harder to plow due to it being so hard packed in. Now this snow storm this weekend is a small one only 2-4 inches, so they say!
The kiddos are excited due to the fact that we now have some snow banks for them to play in. Now I can go throw them off the top and be queen of the hill again!! I think my boy might give me a run for my money though ;) Gonna have to work a little harder to get him down and keep him down. But it's fun. The girls just laugh and roll down the hill.
I've been busy getting the house cleaned up on our Christmas vacation. The kiddos are loving that, no school and I'm cleaning, they get to help too. Trying to play "catch up" on some house work.
Now with more snow coming I'm hoping it will be a little warmer and less windy to play outside. It's been in the low 20s with a wind that chills you to the bone cold.  Although late in the day it's less windy and the kiddos have been out to play in the snow.
The cows, chickens and sheep don't really seem to enjoy the snow. The horses don't seem to care. They kick up their heels and prance around in it, then stop to eat some hay and give each other a back scratch.
Well off to cook up some grub for my hungry family that will be stomping in here soon enough...
Have a great evening all!

2 comments:

  1. Our horses LOVE the colder weather we have been having lately! They run and run and buck and then run some more! The goats, on the other hand, are none too pleased! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so weird to leave our 21 inches of snow behind and go visit family (in Illinois) where there was NO snow. We're finally back and ready to get out and do some sledding and snow shoeing. I know what you mean about that biting cold though, I too hope the sun comes out to help it warm up just a little more here.

    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete