Tuesday, November 24, 2015

part 2 calla lily

Well the day after we had agreed to buy Goldie and sent out a down payment on her to the owner to show we were wanting her we got a phone call. This call was from the owner of the farm where we bought our first cow! They have an amazing herd of Jerseys. We had called them, but they didn't have any heifers. But they had a few more cows that were due in a month or so, and if they had a heifer they would sell they would call and let us know. Well, turns out they did have a heifer. Oh my!This farm is very particular about who they will sell cows/calves to, these cows are their family. I can appreciate that. We were particular who we sold our bull calves too as well. So after chatting with the farmers and then we chatted we decided to buy this calf. We are building our herd and want to keep a good line of Jerseys. We told our youngest only that we were getting a heifer in November and to keep it a secret. She did well to keep it too.
So on the day we went to get our newest little calf I was excited. She's my calf. I picked out her name, one that I had picked out a long time ago and was waiting my turn to name one. Calla Lily. Now I'm not the most sentimental person, but I do love lilies, and I had them in my wedding bouquet. So there you have it. I do have a little sentiment in me. lol.

So here she is, Callie. And we found out that her father is the same father that we bred one of our cows to! So we can make sure we don't breed her to him in the future.
Have a great day ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment