Friday, January 15, 2016

whats cookin in my kitchen

I don't know if I've ever shared this before. But I'm going to. Again, maybe I don't remember!  Grape Nuts. They are easy, but a bit time consuming to make. But so worth it. They are so good. Cooked, in yogurt, homemade yogurt of course! Or just in a bowl of milk. Or just by the handful out of the container they are in!
Here is how to make them. I hadn't made them in a while, so when I did and then ate them I was back in love with them. Plus they are homemade and have none of the bad stuff in them! I don't even know where I found/got the recipe.

Whole wheat flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda. Mix in a bowl.

Add. Butter milk, vanilla, butter, and maple syrup, then mix until all the dry is wet. Press it into some 9x13 pans and bake it for about 35 minutes at 350. Then when it's cooked let it cool then,


Break it up and blend in in the food processor until it's kinda crumbly. See the chunk in the processor? Then the loose stuff under in the pan?

The pan on the left is baked, and cooled. It looks like an ugly cake. The one on the right has been through the food possessor. Once you have it all crumbled it needs to cook for another hour at 250, being stirred every 15 minutes.  Once that is done it's hard like grape nuts and lightly sweet!

There it is. All cooked and ready to eat.

Have a great day ya'll!!





No comments:

Post a Comment